Monday, September 25, 2006

Life Is Too Short.

I lay in the hot tub thinking *I really needed this. I just need some time to get myself back back in order. I think I just rushed into going back to work. And tried to do to much to fast. What was I thinking. I should have taken it slow .....one step at a time. But ohh well, what is done is done. Now I'm going to spend a few more days here and unwind a bit. Then when I go back I'll take it nice and slow. I know Holg can handle the resort himself. He has been doing such a great job so far. I haven't even got a single call from him. He will make a wonderful and reliable captain.*


BUZZZZZZ..........


My com-link buzzes. I climb out of the hot tub and walk over to a table where it sits. I pick it up and see that it is Holg. *Sigh....Well it must be very important if he is calling me*

So I answer it, "Hey Holg......."

"Ohhhhhh Noel I'm so glad to hear your voice." He says sounding worried.

"What is it Holg, is something wrong?" I ask as I slip my robe back on.

"Yes, there is Noel. You need to come back to Sky City right away. You will be safer here."

Getting a bit worried myself, I ask, "what is it?"

"Noel, we just received a rather disturbing message...... from Kloddo. Apparently he survived the attack, or left just before. But either way he is alive, he knows where you are, and he wants you dead."

"WHAT!!!!!! Your kidding....right. Please tell me you are joking." I scream into the com-link, looking around in fear.

"I wish I was Noel, but I'm not. We think it best if you come back here. Like I said before, with all the new security aboard you should be safe."

"Okay Holg, I'm on my way..... I'll be there in less then an hour." With that I ran into the house, locking the door behind me..

"Be careful Noel."

"I will." I ended the call, I see my droid Ella standing in front of me. I ask her to lock all the doors and windows. With out questioning she did what she was told. I quickly throw some clothes on my still wet body. Just as quickly, I call the Space Port and tell them that I need my ship ready to go in just a few minutes. I also ask them if they can do a security scan for me, just to make sure nothing was aboard that isn't meant to be. They said they would.

I grab the keys to the new speeder I just bought. As I head out to the speeder Ella comes out and says. "Noel I'm all done, is there a problem?"

"It's nothing that you need to worry about. I have to go back to Sky City. I want you to stay here and take care of the house for me." I tell her and jump in to my speeder. I head straight to the space port. When I arrive I see that my ship is ready for me. As I park my speeder and ran over it, I see a guy exit it holding a scanner. I have never seen him before. Normally I have only certain people work on my ship.

I ask him, "Who are you, and where is Derrik."

He looks up and answers "Derrik called in sick today, I'm his replacement." He smiles politely and extends his hand for me to shake. I shake it and he continues, "I did the security scan you asked for, and I found nothing aboard your ship that didn't belong." He then give me a worried look "Is there something wrong?" He asks.

"It's just that I may very a very dangerous man after me. I need to be extra careful, that's all."

"Wow that's bad, what did you do?" He asks.


"I did nothing. He had kidnapped me and was going to kill me. But escaped and he still wants me dead."

He looks at me for a second then his eyes get big."Hey your the owner to the awesome resort aren't you. I just love that place, I go there all the time."

I smile and nod. "Yeah.... well I really have to get going." I say looking around nervously.

"Ohhh shoot, yeah sorry about that. Don't worry your ship is clean, you should have no problems."

"Thanks." I say as I head into the ship.

"Hey," he yells behind me. I turn around and he continued"Ummmm... I normally don't do this, but do you think maybe we could get together sometime and have a drink or two. I would like to get to know you better....... ummm that is if you want to." He looks down shyly.

I smile and say, "I'll think about it" I walk into the ship and close the doors behind me. He seems really nice.

I sit down behind the main control panel and did a few check. I start the engines and head into the atmosphere. I get ready to jump into super speed when a cabinet door opens. I get up to close the cabinet and my eye catches a flashing light inside. I open the door and see a primitive type bomb in it. It has numbers that are counting down.

5....

4....

3.....



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

3 Comments:

Blogger Local Henchmen 432 said...

Noel, you've been set up.I hope you are ok.

8:23 AM  
Blogger Darth Nepharia said...

I hate it when that happens -- a little to often these days I'm afraid. Hope we get to read more of your blog....

7:39 PM  
Blogger The Huntress said...

Revenge will be mine.

2:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home